19.6.05

An Ending.

Okay, so it's over then. I've been delaying writing here because I didn't want to give any glib, stupid responses to a really important two weeks that, by and large, I pretty much ballsed up. After getting back to Gav's afer Easter I was just pushing toward the finishing line- I got a really positive assessment from my visting tutor, I had a last rehearsal or two with the Heroin Lies crew and had a week to go when it got too much to deal with. Not just the course, but everything I've been pissed off with since it started- two buses and a lift every morning, feeling isolated, being tired, am I sounding like a whining little bitch? Not sure I care. It got too much. I missed most of the last week, and that's tantamount to flipping a finger at the department that I've been in for the last four months. I don't think I've done anything that'll stop me from passing, but I've certainly burned a bridge or two with my tutors at my placement school, which I am quite gutted about. It's nothing I'm going to go into here, but I enjoyed my time at that school and there are at least two reasons why the Drama department's as good as it is. Seriously, that school is pretty rough, but pupils who cause mad havoc in other lessons chill the fuck out in Drama, and have done for me as well as the established staff there. It's an ace example of a school that takes the subject seriously.
I've seen Batman Begins and Sin City by now, as well as
fucking Star Wars Episode III (three times, two in the cinema and once with gav on dodgyvision), and I feel really spoiled- I mean come on, look at the year we've had as media consumers- Nathan Barley (fuck you, Cook'd and Bomb'd, I loved it), an amazing new Doctor Who (both kisses at the end floored me), new Batman, Sin City, Star Wars, Hitchhikers... I don't know, hollow treats with soft centres maybe, but it's been a good year thus far.
I'm off now. I'll post before my holiday, but if anyone wants to post a casting idea for the role of The Joker in Batman Begins II I'd love to hear it. What'll they call it? Batman Carries On?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right then Lewis. Before we get going with the whores and the sores, I'm gonna make a lil' suggestion in reply to your open question. Now don't berate me too much ('cause he might [would?] be shite), but if its the young Joker, hows about Christian (I didn't grab her ass... honest) Slater... better known as the young Jack Nicholson. I know its a bit wanky but wait... it'd sorta bridge the gap between burton and nolan wouldn't it? Hollywood continuity? It's just a pipe dream.


Also, cheers Lewis for the pics, although I'd like to point out for the record that I don't regularly beat the shit outta Kar-Kar, only when she's asking for it ;)

Anonymous said...

University of Wales, Aberystwyth
-anagrams

why you sweaty irritable nest(vft)

your breath is essential (vyfwytw)

Lewis. Your new fish are tatty (vfby)

Lewis haunts wet vibrators !?(eyfyy)

You're a twisty lesbian shrew (vfty)

With a feisty, lusty raven eyebrow
(all letters! - woohoo!)

Marko said...

WTF?!? Good work, weird stanger!

Anonymous said...

Not weird - kookie! x