10.3.07

The Cash Money E-Mail Experiment.

If you saw an e-mail address hand-written on a banknote in your possession, what would you do?

I know what I'd do. I'd mail the fucker. I think lots of other people would too, and with that in mind I'm scrawling my hotmail address on any banknotes that come my way...

...and crossing my fingers that I get something interesting. Any and all responses will be posted here, naturally.

As an interesting aside, when I tried to open the above image in my usual photo program I got this:

... which at first made me reach for my tinfoil hat, worried that tsar Blair was controlling my computer via radio-waves in my fillings. A quick Google, however, taught me about something called the EURion Constellation, a pattern of dots on every banknote that's recognised by commercial printers and scanners, which triggers their blocking mechanisms to prevent counterfeiting- here it is:

That pattern of dots is hidden on every banknote- on the £20 it's disguised as musical notes. If you are considering chancing your arm at counterfeiting though, don't worry too much- there are tutorials all over the place on how to crack the fucker.

I learned something today. I hope you did, too.

1 comment:

Sian said...

A very informative post! Any replies from randoms yet?