23.2.05

Tantalising prospect ahoy!

MarkFact #403 in a series of #20056- Despite having acted in many, many plays and a few TV shows, Mark has never gotten the chance to direct.
That seems about to change- in the next few weeks it looks as though I might actually get the chance to audition and co-direct a play in school! Fantastic news, and something I've long wanted to do. The play we're looking at producing is called Find Me, the story of a young girl with multiple personality disorder and the effect she has on her loved ones. It's quite a heavy piece, but there seem to be some talented kids at the school and I reckon it's got a chance of being really good. I've got some ideas of how to use sound to compound the feeling of (medical terminology coming up) losing one's shit, and if I'm allowed to run with it I think I'll have a lot of fun and- hey- learn lots too.
That, of course, is if I can pull off the rest of the school experience. Tomorrow I teach my first lesson proper at the school, and even though I've done it plenty of times before I've still got that lovely adrenalised feeling, that shaky uncertainty that comes with doing something new that you might just fuck right up. Cross your fingers for me dudes, I'll be back tomorrow.
(This post was brought to you by "Good Mourning" from Alkaline Trio).

No comments: