22.2.05

"The way out is through".

Well, the school's every bit as rough as I thought it'd be, but I've done rough before and the staff all seem like lovely people, so that's alright. The drama teacher I'm working alongside is really something- full of energy, really enthusiastic and clearly knows her shit backwards. There's lots that I can learn (read: steal) from her, so that's another big plus. But... there are minuses, the biggest one being that no way can I carry on living in Tredegar. After a twenty minute walk (in the SNOW, thankyouverymuch) to get to my ride this morning (from a very affable and thoroughly pleasant Maths teacher) I was left without a lift home- cue a three hour, two-change train journey which got me home at 18:50 when school finishes at 1500. Fuck that noise- I'll have to stay behind some nights at school (I'll be directing a play, which I'm over the moon about), which means that a three-hour journey home just isn't an option. So... On Friday I'm moving (again) to Llanharan to stay with my buddy from the olden days of hardcore, the one and only Gavo Hughes. He's from the next town over to where the Drama teacher lives, and she's told me a lift in would be no trouble at all, so it makes perfect sense. Back into the jaws of madness, with six years hindsight and the will to do what's right. Like Trent said, "Nothing can stop me now". There's shitloads more I want to rant about (like, for instance, the smacked-up wanktub who nearly made me miss my connection earlier through trying to argue his way out of a fare), but I'm the tiredest I've ever, ever been so I'm wrapping it up there. Over the weekend I'll post a big long chapter with more history and some more photos, so make sure you stop by.
S'long!

No comments: