7.5.05

Hmm.

I'm really fucking really disillusioned today. It seems as though the teacher I'm working with is slating every lesson I take- today, after a lesson I thought had gone really well, my teaching was called "boring" and the lesson I'd put together was ripped apart even though each pupil, from where I was standing (which was in the middle of them, actually teaching the lesson), was well into it- they asked loads of intelligent questions, all performed the task I gave them well, there was no real misbehaviour, I got through my lesson plan okay, only to have the entire thing ripped to shreds afterwards, just like always. Other teachers have commented positively on lessons I've taken, I've had some good results with some difficult groups, but officially I just get ripped up. I can't remember the last good thing she had to say about a lesson I've taken. Way back at the start of this placement, I remember her saying that her last student left really disillusioned and worn down, and I'm starting to see why. It feels like I'm working my tits off for fuck all. On the positive side, congratulations are in order to my brother Alan, who's just achieved QTS after years of learning on-the-job. Nice one, bro.

5 comments:

Sian said...

Bless you! Sounds like she's not such a great teacher if she never points out the positives of what you're doing ( don't they call that positive affirmation?)

If it's any concelation, when my Mum was qualifying as a teacher she frequently came home absolutely devastated about something some twat teacher had said to her and now she's a fucking shit hot teacher.

Keep at it and don't let the bastards get you down!

porchwise said...

As an ex-teacher, I say pay attention to pupil reaction and worry not about monitors. Even after tenure, you will have pupil parents with even worse attitudes. If you want to teach, you will teach and let the slings and arrows land where they may, they're all made out of hot air.

Marko said...

Thanks both, a decent weekend off always does wonders for morale.

Anonymous said...

mark lewis i fucking love you. maybe whoever was watching over you was just jealous. at the end of the day to use an old footballing cliche, if youre teaching and they're learning, whats the problem? hope youre good man, peace out.

Marko said...

Stotty! Fantastic to see you here. Just for that, Captain can expect a big plug in a future update x