14.3.05

Aaaand relax.

Now that was a lovely weekend. You all saw Laura in my last update, well we decided to spend the weekend together in a really nice hotel to de-stress a little bit. There's only a week and a half to go until Easter, but the little things are all starting to add up so some Rn'R was called for, and hugely appreciated. Had dinner in a very trendy (read: overpriced and full of wankers) restaurant, spent ages in the jacuzzi, generally a lovely relaxing time had by all. Of course it's only going to take three minutes of school tomorrow to competely destroy all that relaxation, but Easter is getting very close now so onward we go. I found a position vacant for a Drama teacher in Penglais school in mighty Aberystwyth this week- it sounds perfect, and I've already got my flat and friends in town, so fingers crossed for that, it'd be ideal. I'm sending off the form this week. In other news, I thought some pics might be nice- first of all, this is Gav, the reprobate who's been good enough to put me up for the term. Now, we've got a lot of previous, have me and Gavo. We shared a flat together first some six years ago when we were both in the middle of our respective degrees. We're very similar in a lot of ways, and I think that was the main problem last time- within months we'd both come within inches of failing our courses (Gav never did manage to pull it back), we'd spent pretty much all our money on mystical herbs and chemicals and we came close to pulling ourselves apart. There is some incredible video footage in existence, however, of us in some really shocking conditions, falling over, causing damage to ourselves and basically rewriting the rules of hedonism. It's some years later now, and we're both a bit better equipped to deal with things- Gav manages a local bookies and I'm almost a teacher, so the days of scaring the fuck out of coursemates friends while on vodka-skunk-and-valium binges are long gone. On weeknights, anyway :)
Hmm, what else.... well, you night remember me mentioning Harri80 on here- well, she's another incredible friend of mine from that era, who was fortunately able to see past the piss and pathos and stick around while I got my shit together. A massive plus to living here is that I see a lot more of her than I normally would since she moved to Cardiff about eight months ago. She (and her boyfriend Huw, who's a close friend as well) are a fantastic treat whenever they come around, and make things a lot more bearable. More on Harri as time goes by (keep checking her blog, and mention I sent you), but having her close at hand is just lovely. We're planning a trip to Castle fucking Bingo soon, which'll be a daft laugh, no doubt.
Christ, not sure how much I've typed and can't be arsed to spellcheck, so there's your fucking update you ungrateful fucks. To the two of you who sometimes read this- hope you had a good weekend, and I'll be back dead soon.
Marko
x

2 comments:

Sian said...

Hello! Was referred to your blog by angharad (via her blog). We have actually met once or twice! I'm not just some random freak, honest. Made my night to see Gav in your blog! Say hello to him from me. Congratulations on a highly amusing read!

Anonymous said...

so far so good. not one mention of me though you turncoat motherfunkooler.

For the record, I love Marko, and he siad he loved me. Then he left me when he found out I was expecting. Heartless bastard!

He's safe as fuck really though.